GSS-TSIG support in BIND 9.5

Madhavi Phanse pmadhavi at novell.com
Thu Jan 3 14:04:13 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've have few queries about the GSS-TSIG support in BIND 9.5
To enable named to work with this support, is it that you need to specify the GSS key in the zone as below:

key my-gss-key
{
algorithm gss-tsig;
key sjkgoeto..;
}

example.com{
        ..
        ..
        allow-update {key my-gss-key;}
}

How to generate the gss-tsig key in that case?
Is there any tool available to generate a gss-tsig key like dnssec-tsig?

Or do you specify the /etc/key.tab file in place of zone key above? How is the key expiration handled in that case?

If this is not write way to specify the GSS-TSIG algorithm, can you correct me for the same?

Thanks in advance,
Madhavi