override ttl=0

Herve Guehl herve.guehl at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 21:43:42 UTC 2008

I agree with Stephane.
We all know that should not be done. But facing miss-configuration of other
admins is a pain.
In my case, DNS servers behind the cisco stuff are under heavy load (of
course...) and this cause troubles to my users.

I was just proposing to have the choice to override TTL=0 in some special
cases.
I think this feature should not be in the main section of the configuration
but for each zone (this way you can choose where you set this hack).
Perhaps a good developper (which I am not) could make the change if this is
not too invasive for BIND.

Hervé