out -of-zone records

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Sat Jan 12 03:57:31 UTC 2008

In article <fm9den$11vu$1 at sf1.isc.org>, "Sam M" <sam.m at servwise.com>
wrote:

> [...]

What I suspect they're saying is that you have to register the
nameservers and their IPs with your registrar, even though the
nameservers are not in the same TLD as your domain.  This isn't
necessary for the DNS hierarchy, since these are not glue records that
must be included in the parent zone, but I think it's a common
requirement for registries.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA