HTTP SRV Records

Dan Farrell dan at spore.ath.cx
Mon Jan 21 03:36:37 UTC 2008

Dear list,

I hope to enlist your help in sorting out my HTTP SRV record problems.
After a little investigation I am not sure whether these records are
even valuable.  My SOA looks like this:
$ORIGIN .
$TTL 7200       ; 2 hours
farrellhome.net.  IN SOA  spore.ath.cx. root.spore.ath.cx. (
				202        ; serial
				7200       ;refresh (2 hours)
				1800       ;retry (30 minutes)
				604800     ; expire (1 week)
				7200       ; minimum (2 hours)
			)
                        NS      spore.ath.cx.
                        MX      20 spore.ath.cx.

$ORIGIN farrellhome.net.
$TTL 609080     ; 1 week 1 hour 11 minutes 20 seconds
_http._tcp     IN SRV  0 0 80  www
www            IN A    66.191.143.114

As you can see for yourself, http://www.farrellhome.net works fine
(you'll see an HTTP authentication dialogue) but http://farrellhome.net
does not work at all (server not found)

Does anybody here care to point me in the right direction?  If so, I
thank you for your advice in this matter.

					Thanks for your time,

						Dan Farrell