BIND9 and probleme receiving pop emails

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Thu Jan 24 09:18:03 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 11:53:35AM +0100,
 stephane lepain <penguindeb at gmail.com> wrote
 a message of 71 lines which said:

> I cannot receive pop mail anymore from my ISP.

"I cannot" messages cannot really help. You should post details
indicating what you did and what error messages you received. Since
BIND is a DNS server and not a POP client, tests performed with dig
will be preferred.

> pop.orange.fr ??

dig A pop.orange.fr  ?  (It works for me)

> Here is my db.macitos.fr file

Irrelevant since the domain name with a problem is not in macintos.fr.

> forwarders {
> 192.168.1.1;
> };

Did you test the forwarder? Does it reply to queries like "dig
@192.168.1.1 A pop.orange.fr"?