Help with views plz, letting internal users view external view.

Piero Giobbi piero at news.fb.se
Fri Jan 25 09:49:20 UTC 2008

Hi all.
I'm currently stuck with one problem. I have two views basically:

Internal view (private)

External view (public)

Internal is only for internal users with the internal domains.
External view contains all our public domains etc. The server is on
our lan with a private address and the firewall has an public alias ip
that redirects all dns quiries to this dns-server (and external view
only). I have several domain in both views.

Now i want to add a new public domain in the external view, works great:

external view {

exampledomain.com ...

}

  How do i let the internal users view this one? Must i set up a exact
same fake domain in internal view? I figure the must be a way to
"forward" internal-view-users to externa-view but i can't figure out
how..

(Today i have solved this with setting up the same domain in the
internal as a "fake" domain, works as long as nothing changes on the
"outside" but its a pretty timeconsuming way and not always failsafe.)

Greatful for all help or hints.

/Piero