-t option in named-check* utils (was: Re: fedora core 9 bind problem)

Chris Thompson cet1 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jul 3 11:51:36 UTC 2008

On Jul 2 2008, Mark Andrews wrote:

>	No.  Absolute works just as well as relative.  Named-checkconf
>	and named-checkzone have a -t flag to match chroots performed
>	by named.

Which reminds me: it would be much more convenient if these programs
would simulate the chroot (i.e. interpret absolute path names as though
relative to the given directory), so that one didn't have to run them
as "root".

I've gone to some contortions to make all paths in config files relative,
to avoid this problem.

--
Chris Thompson
Email: cet1 at cam.ac.uk