Developing against libbind

Jaap Akkerhuis jaap at NLnetLabs.nl
Wed Jul 9 10:05:05 UTC 2008

    Thanks for this info.  I've had a quick look around your website.
    Is this open-source, and what are the licensing terms for this
    library?

It is our basic BSD License, just like Bind. See
<http://nlnetlabs.nl/svn/ldns/tags/release-1.3.0/LICENSE>

    It certainly looks like it will do the job for me.

The idea is that it gives a some more abstraction so you don't have
to deal too much with the low level nitty gritty details. It is not
unlike the PERL::DNS tools.

    I would have preferred to use the bind libraries, and if anyone
    can point out any documentation/pointers in the meantime I'll
    gladly give it a whirl.

There are the man pages Mark pointed at but ...

    It's safe to say I'm still a novice when it comes to C, which
    is why at the moment I prefer to read documentation rather than
    already-written code.

... they might be too dense for you. There are some annotated examples
and there are some on line tutorials.

There is also a user maillists dedicated to ldns
<http://open.nlnetlabs.nl/mailman/listinfo/ldns-users>.

	jaap