A Different BIND 9.5.0 Crash Solaris 9

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 Jinmei_Tatuya at isc.org
Wed Jul 9 22:54:33 UTC 2008

At Wed,  9 Jul 2008 09:18:42 -0500 (CDT),
bsfinkel at anl.gov wrote:

> I have looked at the other BIND 9.5.0 crash dump, and the cause
> appears to be different than the one I posted yesterday.  This one
> happened, as did the other one, after renaming the current query log
> and running "reconfig":
>
>      mv /var/log/named.query.log ...
>      returncode=$?
>      /export/home/named/rndc reconfig

Can you try 9.5.0-P1 or 9.5.1b1 to see it still causes the
same/similar crash?  The code around this crash was heavily modified
in these versions since 9.5.0, so the problem may be (unintentionally)
solved with them.  Also, since 9.5.0 is considered "vulnerable" to the
recent security alert, we cannot prioritize chasing this bug at the
moment.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.