9.3.5-P1 now issues "socket: too many open file descriptors"

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 Jinmei_Tatuya at isc.org
Sat Jul 12 23:48:01 UTC 2008

At Sat, 12 Jul 2008 14:16:58 -0700 (PDT),
afbtasa at gmail.com wrote:

> After update BIND we are seeing that the number of queries increase
> from the days before we installed the patch.
> Is it normal? Did your notice the same thing? Is it related that bind
> is using more UDP ports?

Could you be more specific?

- which version are you talking about (there are 3 new P1 versions and
  2 new beta versions)?
- which queries are you talking about?  Queries sent to the caching
  server (=named) from clients, or queries from the caching server to
  other authoritative servers?
- how much did the queries increase (e.g. 100qps to 200qps)?

---
JINMEI, Tatuya