Port Range for avoid-v4-udp-ports OR port for resolv.conf nameserver

Jim Hermann - UUN Hostmaster hostmaster at uuism.net
Sun Jul 13 16:33:28 UTC 2008

My upstream DNS does not accept queries on all UDP ports, so I end up with
lots of udp unreachable messages.  The upstream DNS is totally unreachable
outside the LAN, so it does not need to use other UDP ports.

Is there are way to specify a port range in the "avoid-v4-udp-ports { port;
... };" statement?  I tried "avoid-v4-udp-ports { 51000-53000; );" and it
was not accepted.

Alternatively, under Linux Fedora Core 4, is there a way to specify the port
number for the nameserver statement, like "nameserver xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:53"?

Thanks.

Jim
-----
Jim Hermann <hostmaster at UUism.net>
UUism Networks <http://www.UUism.net>
Ministering to the Needs of Online UUs
Web Hosting, Email Services, Mailing Lists
-----