DNS security message since upgrading to 9.5

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Wed Jul 16 23:04:14 UTC 2008

> I am seeing a constant flow of these security messages from the below
> IP.  Is this anything to worry about?  Also can I disable the message?
>
> security: info: client 87.118.100.173#57491: view external: query
> (cache) './ANY
> /IN' denied
>
> Thanks
> Gary Quiring

2206.   [security]      "allow-query-cache" and "allow-recursion" now
                        cross inherit from each other.

                        If allow-query-cache is not set in named.conf then
                        allow-recursion is used if set, otherwise allow-query
                        is used if set, otherwise the default (localnets;
                        localhost;) is used.

                        If allow-recursion is not set in named.conf then
                        allow-query-cache is used if set, otherwise allow-query
                        is used if set, otherwise the default (localnets;
                        localhost;) is used.

                        [RT #16987]

1676.   [func]          New option "allow-query-cache".  This lets
                        allow-query be used to specify the default zone
                        access level rather than having to have every
                        zone override the global value.  allow-query-cache
                        can be set at both the options and view levels.
                        If allow-query-cache is not set allow-query applies.
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at isc.org