YA capset question - 9.4.3.b2 on Fedora

W Sanders wsanders1 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 16 23:34:12 UTC 2008

I am trying to build 9.4.3b2 on Fedora 9, which does not have the commoncap or capability module.

However, I can successfully build 9.4.3.b2 on Fedora 6, which also does not have either the commoncap or capability module.

Both distros have a capset function, sys/capability.h, etc. Fedora 6 has only libcap.so.1, Fedora 9 has both libcap.so.1 and .2.

Has anyone successfully worked around this (other than by dumping Fedora as a useless distro?)

I don't see a way to ignore capset() in the configure process.

Thanks in advance,

-W Sanders
http://wsanders.net