filtering results to subnets

Robert Spangler mlists at zoominternet.net
Sun Jul 20 02:06:06 UTC 2008

On Saturday 19 July 2008 20:19, Barry Margolin wrote:

>  In article <g5sup4$2gf7$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
>
>   Robert Spangler <mlists at zoominternet.net> wrote:
>  > On Friday 18 July 2008 22:27, Jerome Haltom wrote:
>  > >  I have a desire to filter A records returned to clients that are
>  > > outside of certain subnets. Basically my zone has a lot of private
>  > > addresses in it. I'm cool with this.
>  >
>  > How about using the View Option in Bind?
>
>  Did you read his entire message?  He explained why views doesn't apply:
>  he's a slave to a Windows Active Directory.
>
>  To accomplish this they'd need to use separate zones for the public and
>  private hostnames, so that the private stuff could be in an internal
>  view.

Here is the issue, why would you have the slaves doing something different
then the master?  You are just looking for issues.

That is like saying if the answers come from server 'A' I want this to be
returned but if the answer comes from server 'B' I want something different.
That is just asking for resolve issues and a troubleshooting nightmare.

--

Regards
Robert

Smile... it increases your face value!