Bind server with logical host

Nicholas F Miller Nicholas.Miller at Colorado.EDU
Wed Jul 23 13:17:17 UTC 2008

We have upgraded our DNS servers recently to Bind 9.5. In the upgrade we
also went to logical host names. There is now the host name and then the
DNS server is plumbed as a logical host. Since we have done this we are
seeing DNS answers happening on the host IP. We would like to restrict
the DNS traffic to the logical host.

Will the 'listen on' switch let us restrict the DNS traffic to our
logical host IP?