questions about making subdomain related with F5

QMIN qmin77 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 04:23:26 UTC 2008

Hi..
Currently I am running bind DNS servers with F5s which is global load
balance equipment.

To load balance, I have to delegate domain to F5s

However I¡¯ve got lots of domains which I need to load balance

It is kind of annoying to configure each domains at the zone file as well
as I would take long time to delete configuration
when one of F5 has got some trouble.

A question which I want to ask is that Can I use just one subdomain name
server with two ip address?

For example I want to configure subdomain name server like below
configuration.

www.aaa.com <http://www.aaa.com/> . in ns f5.aaa.com.

bbb.aaa.com. in ns f5.aaa.com.

f5.aaa.com.    in a xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

f5.aaa.com     in a fff.fff.fff.fff

by configuring like above, I don¡¯t need to set two F5 domains up to each
global load balanced domains.

I can configure one NS domain to each domain which needs to be load
balanced, also when one of F5 is broken I could take it out from service,

Thanks