Problem getting "forwarders" section in named.conf.options to work

Dawn Connelly dawn.connelly at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 23:24:30 UTC 2008

Actually you will probably want to use either an @ or sendoutcards.com....so
either of these should work
@  IN  A  206.71.90.5
or
sendoutcards.com. IN A 206.71.90.5 {notice the dot at the end of the
domain...if you don't have the dot at the end, it won't work}
As far as getting other machines to be able to query your DNS server for
records it isn't authoritative for, you need to enable recursion. PLEASE
MAKE SURE YOU LIMIT THE IPS THAT CAN MAKE RECURSIVE QUERIES!

Rather than:

recursion no;

It needs to be:
allow-recurions { internal_networks };

Then create a ACL in your options section with:
acl "internal_networks" {
     10.0.0.0/8;
     172.16.0.0/12;
     192.168.0.0/16;
     127.0.0.0/8;
};

Make sure to list out all the subnets that make up your internal network.