[bind] Re: The worst thing about the exploit -- Have you done your part?

Michael Coumerilh coumie at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 04:02:35 UTC 2008

I'm running DNS for my company that only has 35 computers "because I
can."
I have enabled views, and recursion is off for the "all" group, while
it is enabled for the "local" group.

My BIND installation is on an OS X server, so manually updating can
get ugly. We're talking LOW load here. 5,000 requests a day. MAYBE.

Question: Am I safe from this issue, or should I just wholesale
forward everything to opendns and drop internal DNS?

Is un-patched recursion at ANY point dangerous or just external
recursion?

Michael