Reading Bind Statistics via SNMP with SELinux in force

Bob Roswell broswell at syssrc.com
Tue Jul 29 00:55:56 UTC 2008

I upgraded our DNS servers as recommended, and my new servers use
SELinux.

If I turn off the SELinux (setenforce Permissive) then my exec command
in snmpd.conf works as expected.

(I'm following the procedure at
http://www.packetmischief.ca/network/monitoring/bind9/)

With SELinux enabled, rndc can't write to the statistics file, nor can I
read from the existing file when I run through the snmpd process.

How can I either put the statistics file outside of SELinux control, or
modify the SELinux permissions so that I can read and write the
statistics file via snmpd?

Any clues are appreciated!

Bob Roswell

System Source