Bind 9.5.0-P1 on Debian

Volker Lieder vl at plusline.de
Wed Jul 30 10:11:39 UTC 2008

Res schrieb:
> On Wed, 30 Jul 2008, Volker Lieder wrote:
>
>> Hello list,
>> as many people we updated to bind xxx-P1
>> On our linux-debianserver we have the problem that we recieve messages
>> in named.log like
>>
>> 30-Jul-2008 11:42:59.105 socket: too many open file descriptors
>>
>> We checked the FD_SETSIZE-Param, its about 1024.
>> ulimit -n is set to 16384.
>
>> Has anybody an idea how to increase the FD_SETSIZE on debian
>
> I known debian insist on being totally different to everyone else, but
> maybe look in /usr/include/linux/posix_types.h
> and  /usr/include/bits/typesizes.h
>
> ...maybe there's a chance they have not screwed that up :)

Hello,
just after sending the mail we found the same files.
We are starting to test the new setting, first to 496.
Seems to work fine, but this limit is reached after a few minutes, too.
We try to raise it up to 32768.
Does somebody know when the udp-ports and sockets will close?

Regards,
Volker Lieder