ISC statement about BIND9's recent -P1 releases

Chris Thompson cet1 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jul 30 13:37:24 UTC 2008

On Jul 29 2008, Jon Leeman wrote:

>Andy Shellam wrote:
>> Steve Lancaster wrote:
><snip>
>>> I'd like to thank the folks at ISC for responding quickly, with a good
>>> faith effort to fix the problem.. and for working a dual pronged effort
>>> such that the "quick fix" would be replaced in a timely manner with the
>>> definitive solution.
><snip>
>> Hear, hear - it couldn't have been put better Steve!  I'm sure the
>> majority of users are all in favour of a safer Internet.
><snip>
>> Andy
>
>I add my thanks to the team at ISC for their efforts on this list and
>undoubtedly much greater efforts 'behind the scenes' to assist people
>like myself (and by extension a growing number of Internet users here)
>with this issue.
>
>Jon (Nauru)

<AOL> I agree </AOL> wholeheartedly with these comments, and have been
very much impressed by the way ISC have dealt with what has obviously
been sprung on them at quite short notice.

It seems likely to me that we have not yet seen everything there is to
be known about the Kaminsky vulnerability, and that Moore's exploit
CAU-EX-2008-0002 is not the last word on the subject.

--
Chris Thompson
Email: cet1 at cam.ac.uk