DNS Exploit Attempts??

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Wed Jul 30 17:08:42 UTC 2008

I was on vacation last week but saw the thread then about these failed
queries.

Someone had apparently posted on a Fedora forum that seeing the high
level of query cache denied was a sign of people trying the exploit but
someone else here said it wasn't a symptom of the exploit.

However, on returning to my office I too saw a dramatic increase in the
number of these.   If they aren't for the exploit does someone know why
they increased?

P.S.  I'm already patched for the exploit.