How to configure forwarder on BIND 4

Jaroslaw Rafa raj at ap.krakow.pl
Thu Jul 31 16:57:21 UTC 2008

After three days of unsuccessful attempts to run BIND 9.5.0-P1 on a very old
system, I gave up. Because this machine is about to be completely replaced
by a new one in several months, in the meantime I will use a forwarder.

However, I have two questions:
1) what should I do when my DNS server is not only a resolver for the
clients, but also a master server for several zones? Should I keep the
master zones on the server and forward anything else to the forwarder, or
move all the zones to the machine running forwarder and use a forward-only
configuration? I'd prefer the first solution if possible.
2) anybody can help, how to configure this on BIND 4?
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa
   raj at ap.krakow.pl
--