Recent Problem with BIND 9 under Windows XP

Vincent Poy vincepoy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 19:13:06 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 4, 2007 at 9:10 AM, Vincent Poy <vincepoy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/4/07, Clenna Lumina <savagebeaste at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Vincent Poy wrote:

>> > Microsoft/Sysinternals ProcessMonitor which is like the newer
>> > filemon/regmon.
>>
>> (Bleh, aying "Microsoft/Sysinternals" just feels wrong, since it was
>> Sysinternals (Mark Russinovich and company) who wrote all those
>> programs, then Microsoft came along and scooped them up. Sigh.)
>>

> I know but it's like they didn't even kept the sysinternals.com name
> either.  I guess money talks and everything else walks since when
> someone sues MS, MS just buys them out as it will cost the same or
> less than litigation.  But then, MS's offer to Mark Russinovich must
> be so good that they couldn't refuse.
>

>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/ProcessesAndThreads/processmonitor.mspx
>>
>> Ok I will try opening the log file with that.
>>

> Thanks!

I know it's been quite some time since I last wrote.  Have you been able to
look at the log file at all since I have tried but couldn't figure out what
to look for in the logfile to determine why the ISC BIND service doesn't
start under Windows XP Pro but it worked fine before and newer bind updates
didn't make a difference either.  I've checked all permissions and
everything from C:\Windows\system32\dns and down have named as the user with
full control.

Cheers,
Vince