Whomever wrote the .xsl file for the v9.5.0 web display should be shot.

D. Stussy spam at bde-arc.ampr.org
Tue Jun 10 07:28:13 UTC 2008

<JINMEI Tatuya / $B?@L at C#:H (B <Jinmei_Tatuya at isc.org>)> wrote in message
news:g2kgld$5h$1 at sf1.isc.org...
> At Sat, 7 Jun 2008 00:54:46 -0700,
> "D. Stussy" <spam at bde-arc.ampr.org> wrote:
> > Not everyone has a 1200-pixel wide screen.
>
> Admittedly the current template is not good, but reducing the number
> of columns to a second choice (as you indicated off-list) won't
> necessarily be a solution - we'll then be complained "Not everyone has
> a 800-pixel wide screen."
>
> The real problem is that the current template (ab)uses the table
> structure for a layout purpose.  The attached patch tries to solve the
> fundamental problem by modifying the style, and I believe it will also
> solve your problem.  Could you try that and tell me if it addresses
> your concern?

Actually, I've been discussing this via private e-mail with another ISC
member.  I guess some of my comments have made the rounds.

You are correct in that "not everyone will have [at least] an 800-pixel wide
screen."  However, except for the original 480x640 VGA standard of over a
decade ago, everyone else will have 800 pixels wide (or more).

All I was going to do with it was change the columns from 10 to 6 in the
tables that don't have tabular data.  As noted, that's a low priority here
(thus I haven't sent in my diff yet).  Did your change do something else?