CNAME Listing in BIND for Domain Outside of My Control

Dawn Connelly dawn.connelly at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 04:36:11 UTC 2008

The problem is with host headers. The destination webserver is inspecting
the URL that people are trying to access and then matching that to a
specific webpage. If the URL that people are putting into the browser is not
configured on the webserver, it doesn't understand what page you are trying
to get to. The problem isn't the fact that it's CNAME'ing to a CNAME...it's
a webserver issue.