Forwarding and sub-zones servers !

Dawn Connelly dawn.connelly at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 21:33:18 UTC 2008

So you want your other DNS servers to point to your ROOT servers for the
sessions.rservices.com zone but not for all other zones? You can set a
forwarder on them to your server...assuming your root server(s) will do
recursive queries for your other servers. If it has recursion disabled, then
they will just hand back a referral.
section of named.conf on non-root boxes
zone "session.rservices.com"    { type forward; forward only;
forwarders { <IP_of_ROOT_1>; <IP_of_ROOT_2>; }; };