caching only + wildcard

R Dicaire kritek at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 22:34:38 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 5:42 PM, idanj <idan.jan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Since most of the large ISPs (RR, earthlink) already do it, I don't
> think a small ISP like us would make any difference.

Have you asked your customers, the ones you allege to help, if this is
in their best interests, or if it will break anything your customers
run?

> And actually our solution will HELP our users because we plan to give
> them a link to the original website that we think they were looking
> for.

<Begin slippery slope argument>
Network Solutions tried this justification too. And I have yet to see
an example of how those that pay you, your customers, benefit from
this. What should be scaring you, and your paying customers is: "...we
plan to give them a link to the original website that we think they
were looking
for." VERY subjective.
Also, your argument that other ISPs do it, therefore its ok if we do
harkens to "if everyone jumped off a bridge, we should too".
Seriously, poll your customers and see if in fact they WANT this, an
educated consumer base can make better decisions when informed of the
pros AND cons.

However, they are your customers, treat them as you will.
<End slippery slope argument>

--
aRDy Music and Rick Dicaire present:
http://www.ardynet.com