DIG NS output order

Gregory Hicks ghicks at cadence.com
Tue Mar 4 12:20:52 UTC 2008

> Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 08:45:37 +0100
> From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer at nic.fr>
> To: Barry Margolin <barmar at alum.mit.edu>
> Cc: comp-protocols-dns-bind at isc.org
> Subject: Re: DIG NS output order
>
> On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 12:46:11AM -0500,
>  Barry Margolin <barmar at alum.mit.edu> wrote
>  a message of 28 lines which said:
>
> > dig +trace doesn't do a recursive query in the first place, it
> > performs the iteration by itself.
>
> I know. But it is the closest from the original request. Otherwise,
> there is only tcpdump :-)

dnscap..?

Gregory Hicks                           | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems                  | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 9B1
San Jose, CA 95134

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision."