Forward timeout

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Thu Mar 6 07:57:33 UTC 2008

On 05.03.08 21:16, Jonathan Petersson wrote:
> Example:

> forwarders {
>     123.123.123.123;
>     231.231.231.231;
> }
>
> Lets say that 123.123.123.123 fails and the forward is redirected to
> 231.231.231.231, will this happen for each user or only once? And when
> it happens how long time does it take to fail over and is this option
> editable? When 123.123.123.123 gets up again will the server fail back
> to it?

There is no user, there are only requests, AFAIK.

When I last monitored that, bind retried forwarding in a few seconds
intervals (I think it was 2, 6, later 3, 9 seconds).

That's why I asked about something similar on Jan 25th, see
http://marc.info/?l=bind-users&m=120127511012826&w=2

time to fill the enhancement request probably
Remember half the people you know are below average.