Transferring of zones that use view.

Nils Olofsson nils at cartoonsaloon.ie
Fri Mar 7 14:36:54 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-07 at 07:29 -0500, Alan Clegg wrote:
> Nils Olofsson wrote:
> > Hi,
> > ------------
> > Quote from FAQ:
> >
> > Q:How can I make a server a slave for both an internal and an external
> > view at the same time? When I tried, both views on the slave were
> > transferred from the same view on the master.
> >
> > A: You will need to give the master and slave multiple IP addresses and
> > use those to make sure you reach the correct view on the other machine.
> > ---------------
> >
> > This might have come up multiply times already...this seems like a
> > insane way to transfer "views" in Bind. Is there a patch floating around
> > that allows views to be correctly transferred without the need to have a
> > lots of spare IP address (ipv4) or the use of the transfer-source
> > option ?
> It's not a patch, it's BIND 9.3 or later.  Reading the rest of the FAQ
> that you quoted provides me with this:
>
> Use TSIG to select the appropriate view.

I did notice this way of doing it, but it's a error prone way(IMHO)
(initially). Why does it have to be like this...? I suppose once its
setup it should be fine, and as I  would not really have to touch
named.conf again it should be ok... Maybe I jumped the gun a bit  :)
Nils

-----

This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their support.