Transferring of zones that use view.

Nils Olofsson nils at cartoonsaloon.ie
Thu Mar 6 18:15:55 UTC 2008

Hi,
------------
Quote from FAQ:

Q:How can I make a server a slave for both an internal and an external
view at the same time? When I tried, both views on the slave were
transferred from the same view on the master.

A: You will need to give the master and slave multiple IP addresses and
use those to make sure you reach the correct view on the other machine.
---------------

This might have come up multiply times already...this seems like a
insane way to transfer "views" in Bind. Is there a patch floating around
that allows views to be correctly transferred without the need to have a
lots of spare IP address (ipv4) or the use of the transfer-source
option ?
Thanks
nils

-----

This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their support.