named selectively denies recursion

The Pied Typer colonel at monmouth.com
Sat Mar 15 23:06:10 UTC 2008

The trouble was indeed the change in BIND in 9.4.1P1.  I've added
an explicit "allow-recursion { any; };" to my configuration, and
now the server says that recursion is available to all queries,
regardless of which subnet the client is on.  I had been going by
web info for BIND 9.3 or earlier; my server is at version 9.4.2.

Thanks to all who responded.

-:-
        Vulgar and inactive minds confound familiarity with knowledge,
        and conceive themselves informed of the whole nature of things,
        when they are shown their form or told their use.

                                          --Samuel Johnson, Idler #32
--
Col. George Sicherman
home: colonel at mail.monmouth.com