upgrading from 9.2.4 to 9.3.2-p2

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Mon Mar 17 17:35:21 UTC 2008

Watch out for the reimplementation of check-names. 9.2.x didn't do
check-names, but 9.3.x does. That should be the only real "gotcha".
Run 9.3's named-checkzone over each zone, or load all of your data
into a test installation (probably using the -g command line
argument), to see if this will be an issue; look for zones that fail
to load because of bad owner names or other name errors.

Iirc, there are one or two new logging categories (update-security?),
but your current config will work - just make sure you have a
'default' category defined, if you have a logging statement.

Chris Buxton
Professional Services
Men & Mice