Trouble create slave zones

Eric B. ebenze at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 31 19:09:30 UTC 2008

Sorry - good point.  Yes, the slave is also being the firewall.

If I set the master addres to 192.168.1.1, I get the same result.  If I
check my master logs, I do see that my Master dns server is being queried
for the records and responding to bind's requests.

Is there a way I can have bind log more detailed info to try to understand
why it thinks the response is non-authoritative?

Thanks!

Eric

"Chris Buxton" <cbuxton at menandmice.com> wrote in message
news:B93F8A8D-F72E-47AF-8074-BCBEF1132075 at menandmice.com...
You didn't say whether the slave server is also behind the firewall.
If it is, I would guess that the non-authoritative answer is coming
from the firewall, not from the actual master server. What happens if
you set the master server address in your zone statement to 192.168.1.1?

Chris Buxton
Professional Services
Men & Mice