Number of CPUs detected by Bind 9.4.2 on 4 CPU system running RedHat es 4.

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Mon Mar 31 21:32:18 UTC 2008

Did you reboot the box at some point?

Typically on the older boxes during install it would build both an SMP
kernel and a non-SMP kernel.   During boot grub would default to one
kernel or another but give you the opportunity to interrupt the boot and
pick the kernel.  If you interrupted boot then told it to boot from the
kernel that doesn't have smp at the end of its name you're not doing
multi-processor.  The fix for this is simply to reboot and be sure you
are booting from the smp kernel.