special features

Geoffroy ARNOUD geo.arnoud at gmail.com
Wed May 7 14:27:04 UTC 2008

Hi all,
I am very new to DNS and I would like to know if the 2 following features
exist (or at least are implementable):

1- non complete domain hosting. I would like the BIND server to be able to
resolve IP addresses for server1.mydomain.com and server2.mydomain.com, but
leave all hostnames *.mydomain.com resolved by one of the Master DNS
servers.

2- Spoof of Name error response with a static IP address, in order to better
control the user experience. For example, a user requesting
www.unknownhost.com would not get an error from his browser, but would get
the configured static IP address instead. Behind this IP address could be
hosted a web server or somethine else.

Thank you in advance for your replyes.

Geoff.