Impact of SRV records on DNS performance

Kal Feher kal.feher at melbourneit.com.au
Tue May 13 16:11:01 UTC 2008

The volume of queries these new records will add to your name servers are
what you will have to quantify in order to have a sensible answer to this
question.

Do you have a specific concern regarding the addition? Perhaps you could
tell us what application these are for and the number of clients that will
use the srv records.

Any more information you can provide as to your intended use will help us
give you a useful response.

--
Kal Feher