Caching resolver and options rotate

Brent Jones brent at servuhome.net
Fri May 16 23:44:25 UTC 2008

Bind users,
I will be setting up an internal caching resolver, and would like to spread
the burdon on our upstream's DNS servers by alternating which of their
servers we query.
I found the option for resolv.conf: options rotate
Says it will rotate the DNS server it queries for each new query the
resolver gets.
This scenario would have our internal servers query the internal caching
resolver, which will then hopefully rotate the DNS servers it queries
against according to the nameserver list.
Am I correct that this behavior will occur?
Regards,

--
Brent Jones
brent at servuhome.net