DNS Domain in DHCP question?

Kyle McDonald KMcDonald at Egenera.COM
Mon Oct 6 18:10:17 UTC 2008

I'll admit I'm playing catchup here.

I actually liked the fact that the 'domain' directive in the resolv.conf
used search parent domains automatically. (aside: Any pointers to the
discussions around the logic of turning that behavior off? I'm curious
to learn :) )

It seems now that there isn't any point in using 'domain' at all ever,
so I'm not surprised that the DHCP client is building a resolv.conf with
'search' and the domain name it receives in the DHCP offer.

I can't seem to get DHCP to supply both foo.bar.com and bar.com, so my
real question is, What do other people do to solve, or work around this
problem??

   -Kyle