Should I use bind for SPF records?

Mike Halloran mike.halloran at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 19:07:58 UTC 2008

I have a site that I created that is running on my local computer with
a static IP address. So far, I have been using godaddy for the DNS
entries. I am sending mail from my server using sendmail. Since gmail,
hotmail, etc cannot resolve an SPF record, they are automatically
saying the e-mails are spam.

I can see that Godaddy supports SPF entries, but I have heard that I
should set up the SPF entry on my server using bind. How does the
receiving server know where to resolve the SPF entry?

Thanks,

Mike