Should I use bind for SPF records?

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon Oct 20 06:00:57 UTC 2008

On 20.10.08 15:25, Res wrote:
> I'll clarify this before the pendantic trolls kick in :)

too late :)

> Have your ISP change your reverse DNS for your IP, to match that of your
> hostname.
> eg:
> If your domain is example.com and your 'server' is called whiskey, so
> your servers hostname is whiskey.example.com, then this is the name your
> ISP needs to change your PTR record to.

note that the whiskey.example.com must point to your IP before (or at least
at the same time) the PTR records is created. Otherwise you'll get even more
points (or get even rejected) for having invalid PTR RR.

Your mouse has moved. Windows NT will now restart for changes to take
to take effect. [OK]