Problem on installing/config bind

Giuliano Gavazzi dev-isc.org at humph.com
Tue Oct 28 09:52:34 UTC 2008

Resending as previously sent from wrong address, so it was blocked.

On M 27 Oct, 2008, at 17:13 , Stephen Liu wrote:

> Hi folks,
>

> I'm following;
> BIND
> http://www.postfixvirtual.net/dnsbind.html#
>

> to install and configure bind without success.  The DNS server seems
> not starting.
>
> # /usr/local/bind/sbin/named -u named -t /usr/local/bind -c
> /etc/named.conf

dear Stephen, you are starting bind with the chroot option (-t /usr/
local/bind).
Even if I have never used that option, I am pretty sure that means
that any absolute path you give in the configuration file will be
relative to that chroot (/usr/local/bind).
So, what in the configuration file is defined as / will be /usr/local/
bind in your filesystem, and what is /etc will be /usr/local/bind/etc.

Giuliano