Global change of ip

Todd Snyder tsnyder at rim.com
Fri Oct 31 21:46:28 UTC 2008

it's far too late in the day for me to write something detailed, but
quickly, I'd suggest you look at grep and sed.

If you're a perl guy, I've heard there are modules that make
parsing/changing zone files pretty easy.

Changing the serial will probably be your biggest problem ... maybe some
trickery with awk to grab it.

As for the record change

cat zonefile | sed 's/servername		A
1.1.1.1/servername		A	1.1.1.2/' > tmp.zonefile

the formatting will have to be exact.  I'm sure some sed wizzards out
there can tell you a much better way, but assuming your files are all
somewhat standard, that is a quick and dirty way to change the record.

backup all files before trying anything.

good luck!

t.