Any need for nscd?

Kevin Darcy kcd at chrysler.com
Wed Sep 3 00:05:07 UTC 2008

Any or all of those.

It's really not that resource-intensive to run a simple caching-only
nameserver, and it provides options (e.g. stub zones, slaving for
redundancy/performance, selective forwarding for performance
optimization or to deal with certain pathological connectivity/topology
scenarios, tuning of cache size, cleaning etc.) that may be useful in
the future.

What value does nscd offer that one would prefer to use it for local
caching of name lookups?

                           - Kevin