bind-9.5.0-P2 RPM install

Dean Clapper dclapper at universitycoop.com
Thu Sep 4 19:48:30 UTC 2008

I was wondering if there is a better way of managing bind installs/updates than I currently
perform updates.

Basically when a vulnerability comes out we check to see which version of bind is stable and
fixes the vulnerability.

The problem is the time it takes to create/find a new RPM for the current bind version.  Are
there better ways of updating RPMs with a tar file?  I haven't seen any source files for bind
only  bind-9.5.0-P2.tar.gz.

I've tried a rpm chat room before, but couldn't find anything that related to a bind install.

thanks
Dean