BIND 9.4.2-P2-W1 stops responding

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Mon Sep 8 23:13:27 UTC 2008

> On Sep 6, 8:16 am, "Jukka Pakkanen" <jukka.pakka... at qnet.fi> wrote:
> > Would have been very nice to know immediately when you made the decision of
> > dropping Windows 2000 users from your supportes list... we have been
> > patiently waiting for the fixes to the completely broken windows code for
> > weeks, since it was supposed to come "very soon" and "in days"... and now w
> > get a lakonic statement "W2K is no longer supported"... :(
> >
> > In a couple of weeks the ISC BIND has gone from "the best and most trouble
> > free piece of software ever" to "useless" to us. That's sad.
> >
> > Well, need to start looking for other options, upgrading all our, and our
> > clients DNS servers to W2K3 just to support the DNS software really is not
> > an option.
> >
> > Jukka
>
> Yeah aint that a nice kickinthepants... Sorry no new bind for yous if
> you arent made of moneybags and running the latest windoze!  Guess we
> will start looking at djbdns, it didnt have the bugs in the first
> place. Or switch back to windozedns.. oh no.. did I say that??

> disgruntled_used_to_be_bind_user

	Firstly I don't call XP or W2K3 the lastest versions by any
	measure.   There were some fixes that we would have liked
	to have applied that required Vista or later.  Now that
	change would have been forcing you to go to the latest
	Windows versions.  Instead we found a sub-optimal workaround.
	We just wern't able to find a workaround for this issue and
	we looked.

	If you are worried about money there are lots of free OS's
	available which will run on your existing hardware which we
	do support.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, ISC