why setting view with recursion option is invalid in BIND 9.5.0-P1

zq gelenbertang at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 02:50:53 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have a problem about view {} with recursion option.I want the server query
all the domains in the internal.But it can't.
The configuration file as follows:
{
        /* make named use port 53 for the source of all queries, to allow
         * firewalls to block all ports except 53:
         */
        query-source    port 53;
        query-source-v6 port 53;

        // Put files that named is allowed to write in the data/ directory:
        directory "/var/named"; // the default
        dump-file               "data/cache_dump.db";
        statistics-file         "data/named_stats.txt";
        memstatistics-file      "data/named_mem_stats.txt";
        allow-recursion { any; };
        recursive-clients 1500;
        recursion true;

};
logging
{
/*      If you want to enable debugging, eg. using the 'rndc trace' command,
 *      named will try to write the 'named.run' file in the $directory
(/var/named).
 *      By default, SELinux policy does not allow named to modify the
/var/named directory,
 *      so put the default debug log file in data/ :
 */
        channel default_debug {
                file "data/named.run";
                severity dynamic;
        };
};

view "view_0cnc"
{
match-clients  { any; };
allow-recursion { any; };
recursion true;
zone "." {
type hint;
file "named.root";};

zone "xxxxxx.com" {
type master;
file "named.xxxxxx.com";
allow-update { 127.0.0.1; };
};
};

I try dig the master zone from the server ,it works fine.And I do named
-unamed -g ,it seems everything works well.Who can tell me the reason and
how can I fix it?
Thank you.

Gelenbertang
DATE