check-names settings

Fr34k freaknetboy at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 19:04:05 UTC 2008

9.3 ARM can be found here: http://www.isc.org/sw/bind/arm93/

For the last 20 years, or so, folks have been pushing underscores out.

http://www.dns.net/dnsrd/trick.html#legal-hostnames

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hostname

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_name

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1034 which includes:

"<letter> ::= any one of the 52 alphabetic characters A through Z in
upper case and a through z in lower case

<digit> ::= any one of the ten digits 0 through 9

Note that while upper and lower case letters are allowed in domain
names, no significance is attached to the case.  That is, two names with
the same spelling but different case are to be treated as if identical.

The labels must follow the rules for ARPANET host names.  They must
start with a letter, end with a letter or digit, and have as interior
characters only letters, digits, and hyphen.  There are also some
restrictions on the length.  Labels must be 63 characters or less"

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1035 says the same as above.

If you google enough, you may find what you are looking for.

HTH