Bind 9.5 statistics

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 Jinmei_Tatuya at isc.org
Tue Sep 16 00:50:02 UTC 2008

At Thu, 11 Sep 2008 15:49:56 +0200,
Gilles Massen <gilles.massen at restena.lu> wrote:

> I'm trying to make something useful from the new statistics, via the
> statistics-channel (BTW, the xml formatted statistics are a pretty good
> idea).
>
> However, I'm not not getting anything counted in the Resolvers Statistics. All
> fields under <resstats> remain empty. Other stats are fine. There are no
> views defined, it's a plain recursive resolver...  Outgoing Queries don't
> seem to be counted as well.
>
> Is that as it should be, or did I miss something obvious?

Which version of 9.5 are you using?  We've noticed there's a
regression in the recent patch versions P1/P2 that accidentally
disables the resolver statistics.  Unfortunately we couldn't fix it in
P2 due to release engineering timing.  9.5.1b1 shouldn't have this
problem.  Future beta and release versions will also be fine.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.